CLOS DU CANTON DES ORMEAUX - POMEROL
- Appellation: Pomerol
- Grapes varieties: 97% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc
- Acreage: 70 ares
- Soil: One parcel shows clay-silty soils, on under grounds of graves with ferruginous and marly elements. The other one is composed of clay and limestone on top of iron dirt.
- Harvesting mode: manual
- Vinification: Vinification in casks (500 liters) with open-bottom. Malolactic fermentation in barrels.
- Ageing: On fine lees during 18 months
- Tasting: the robe is a deep and intense garnet, nose is very expressive and complex with aromas of ripe red and black (currant, blackberry, black cherry, prunes and ripe strawberries) and spices (vanilla stick, liquorice, cinnamon, cedar).
- Service temperature: 15 to 18°C
- Ageing potential: Up to 15 years.
- Notes/Press: Vintage 2007, 2008 & 2011